rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Saturday, September 12, 2009

London Fashion Chic

It’s that time of the year again, and London is where it is all happening. No, I don’t mean Wimbledon, but something a lot more fashionable than tennis shoes and grass courses I am talking Vivienne Westwood, Todd Lynn, Ossie Clark etc. aka, the London Fashion week!

London is always on the forefront of fashion, all you have to do is take a look at our high streets to see the eclectic ensembles representative of a living, breathing couture culture. One has to ask then if he London Fashion week isn’t so much of a way of life as it is an inspiration. So is the youth of today, symbolising a change in the way we are thinking and approaching fashion? Do we really need a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes to look dazzling?
London Fashion
As an international fashion hub, London is simply brimming with shops filled with designer shoes and clothes or risqué creations from aspiring couture artists. With more than enough for budding fashionistas and domestic style icons to choose from we went out and asked Londoner’s how big a part the London fashion week and current trends plays when it comes to picking their wardrobe, if at all…


Hailey, Putney

“I see myself as quite a fashionable person, and I know it sounds superficial, but I do try and keep tabs on what is going on with the latest trends. Although I can’t really afford to have all the main shoes and clothes brands in my closet, I always try and keep a few signature items each season.”

Lynda

“London WHAT week?”

Vicky, Camden

“I’d like to think that I am not really influenced by what goes on the crazy world of fashion, I choose to keep my choices neutral and true to my character, however you can’t always avoid trends entirely, because let’s face it, some of them are really nice and are actually thought out by truly inspired people. I have to confess that I am a sucker when it comes to high fashion shoes; however I am not necessarily willing to spend an arm and a leg on it. I choose to go for the high street brands, not so fresh of the catwalk but still brilliant shoes, but it’s all the same to me really, because I try and go for shoes and clothes I like, no matter what people think… in this place (London) you can almost get away with anything.”

Gemma, Shoreditch

“I love fashion and really see it as an art and would one day like to venture into a little designing myself, so I honestly have to say that I enjoy the whole London Fashion Week concept. Not because of the celebs in their designer shoes and couture, because, I hate to sound harsh, most of them have no concept of style or design, but just because of the sheer genius and originality of some of the newer designers. I try to incorporate it into my own style and some cases I try and buy some high street designer versions.”

Whether you keep an eye on what’s happing on the catwalks during London Fashion Week or not, important events in the world of fashion will irrevocably have an influence on what shoes, accessories or clothes we wear in the future. Judging from the above and everyday evidence though, one can safely say that we are entering an era where fashion has no boundaries and where being truly classy is not about wearing the most fashionable shoes on the market, but more about being true to who you are.
5grjkv7ndh

No comments:

Post a Comment